1) Educate City Council members. We need to educate all of our council members and thank those who sponsored the GMO Free Zone! (list of City Council members) Make the call, send the email, let your council member know how important this issue is to you and your family.
2) Get petition signatures. Download the petition to ask L.A. City Council to make L.A. a GMO-free Zone. Ask your friends, neighbors, co-workers to sign. (petition and instructions) Do you have some time to volunteer? We need signature-gathering help at farmers' markets and community gardens, particularly in Council districts that are not in West LA.
3) Help Washington. Volunteer to call voters for the 522 Labeling campaign in Washington State. (here's how) Yes on 522 in Washington, will turn the tide and make the junk food manufacturers responsible for mandatory labeling of GMO.
4) Get Neighborhood Councils on board. Can you volunteer to go to Neighborhood Council meetings? Particularly in Council Districts 1, 4, 9, 15. Once the Neighborhood Councils approve the motion, the Councilmember has to follow their recommendation.
5) Learn more. Do you have friends or business associates that need more education about GMO's? There is a FREE online summit with John Robbins and Jeffrey Smith, October 25-27, 2013. Click here to register.
6) Talk it up. Spead the word on social media and through your network of friends. Help others understand why confining GMOs is critical to the security of our future food supply.
Thank you for everything you are doing to help us keep GMO out of our gardens, open spaces and ultimately our food.